Research of Genre

I have decided to pick the tone for my film. I have researched several movies similar to what I am going for. Three of these include “American Psycho,” “Joker,” and “Nightcrawler.” I am going for the suspense/ thriller film with the protagonist who is somewhat of an anti-hero. The characters Lou Bloom, Patrick Bateman, and Arthur Fleck are all the protagonists of their films but are the villain at the same time. They are all mentally insane but are always in the spotlight, so we have no choice but to watch them. My character in the film will relate to these three characters in the sense that even though he is a teenager, he is mentally ill, and has the same idea of no content for human life. This goes hand in hand with my film, as it centers around the main character and his lack of empathy.


“American Psycho,” made in 2000, revolves around the main character, Patrick Batman (Christian Bale), and his narcissistic rampage of sex and murder. 


“Nightcrawler,” released in 2014, explores the disturbing mind of Lou Bloom (Jake Gyllenhaal), who is a struggling cameraman and thief who will truly do anything for a chance at fame and attention. 



“Joker,” the 2019 film revolving around Arthur Fleck (Joaquin Phoenix), a mentally ill comedian, examines the crazy character and shows what can happen when people stand up against a greedy and unfair society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Now... without further ado, I am so happy to show everyone my short film, Takeout. ENJOY!!!!! Takeout (Link) INSTAGRAM LINK @takeout.film PO...