Portfolio Project Timeline

One of the biggest parts of completing this project is going to be planning so I’m just gonna get right into it.

While I like the timeline that was given, there are some things that I would change. Here is my completed one!

Week One:

-choose genre for the short film

-decide on a story and begin work on it

-post to blog

Week Two:

-research project components and how writing

-develop the story and begin writing the script

-post to blog

Week Three:

-continue to research/plan

-finish the script

-begin storyboarding and researching how to get each shot

-create shot list

-create social media tool

-post to blog

Week Four:

-continue to research/plan 

-begin filming!!!

-document each part of production blog/ social media

-begin posting on social media

-post to blog

Week Five:

-continue to research/plan

-finish filming!!!

-post to social media

-post to blog

Week Six:

-possible reshoots if needed

-continue planning

-post to social media

-post to blog

Week Seven:

-focus solely on editing

-post to social media

-post to blog

Week Eight:

-research information relating to Critical Reflection

-finish editing

-post to social media

-post to blog

Week Nine:

-create Critical Reflection

-double check the production is good

-post to social media

-post to blog

Week Ten:

-create final, overall project reflection

-post all project components to blog

-Post Critical Reflection to blog


As you can tell, there are a few differences in the timelines. There were a few parts of the sample that I felt were too rushed or too far behind. For example, the Critical Reflection felt too early in the sample to how I had planned on it. 

I also did not want to rush filming or editing. There are still many similarities, however, including almost the same outlines for a couple of the weeks. The organization seemed very similar as well. 

I will most likely try and focus as much as I can, because in my mind, 10 weeks seems longer than it actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Now... without further ado, I am so happy to show everyone my short film, Takeout. ENJOY!!!!! Takeout (Link) INSTAGRAM LINK @takeout.film PO...