More Licensing Trouble

For the licensing of the song "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)" by Rupert Holmes, I have both good news and bad news.

The good news is that Universal Music did, in fact, respond to me. My teacher told me that some music groups are more than happy to help in this creation, but I did not think a group as big as Universal would respond. 

The bad news, however, is that they provided an additional form where I need even more permission just to use the one song. 

I am going to fill out the rest of the information and send it right back as I am so set on having this song in my film. As I stated in a previous post, soundtracks are so important to me and I want it to truly have an effect on my project. 


The email I received back read as follows:

Hi Jack, please fill out the attached form and return to Emily on copy.

-The UMe Team


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Now... without further ado, I am so happy to show everyone my short film, Takeout. ENJOY!!!!! Takeout (Link) INSTAGRAM LINK @takeout.film PO...