Costume and Prop Creation

My final post for the week will be about one of the most important, but often overlooked, parts of production, costume and prop creation. 

For my film, props and costume are truly going to have an effect on the tone and the way my story is told. 

For my costume design, I only have to dress three people: my main character, Logan Parker, the news broadcaster on the TV, and the homeless man that interrupts him.

The last two are very simple costumes, in my opinion. For the broadcaster, I was thinking of the normal attire: a business suit, nice hair, and very well presented. For the homeless man, I will need to find very old, dirty and disgusting clothes for him. I will also most likely get the actor to put on makeup to make his face and body dirty.

For Logan, he will change costumes at least once. He begins in a pool, so when we are introduced, he will be in a bathing suit and no shirt. When he walks inside, he grabs a towel, and after drying himself off, he puts it around his neck. When he is in his room and the audience is seeing his room, he will be changing into a long sleeve black shirt and black pants. He will then grab the apron and goggles and apply those. 

Now that costumes have been organized, it is time for props.

My list of props includes:
Pool floatie
Towel
Apron
Scalpel
Garbage bags
Anything to fill the garbage bags

The materials here will truly be easy to find. I have the pool floatie, towel, garbage bags and apron already, so there is no need to buy anything there. I am going to have to purchase the scalpel, most likely at Walmart, since they are sold there. I will then most likely end up filling the bags with clothes to add more volume and "body parts" to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Now... without further ado, I am so happy to show everyone my short film, Takeout. ENJOY!!!!! Takeout (Link) INSTAGRAM LINK @takeout.film PO...